jueves, 15 de diciembre de 2011

Professor Arianne Fernandez


For my final project, I decided to interview my history teacher Arianne Fernandez; she is currently an Adjunct in Art History for the Humanities Department, and double as the part-time Slide Librarian for the Art area.

 Last semester she taught me Art History Renaissance to Gothic Art and this semester Art of 20th century.  Her perseverance for trying to make each student to learn as she says when I asked her if do you feel this is a successful career achievement? If so why?  “I do feel very successful because I have the opportunity to teach students about Art, which in my opinion is essential in understanding all other subjects (Math, Science, Literature, etc.) But, most importantly to understand our culture, different cultures, and where we are or going to be as Art reflects this.  I love teaching and hold that this is a reciprocal relationship, students learn from me but I also learn from them. Once I receive my MA in my field I will have achieved another stepping-stone.”  And for this reason she manages that students will have a great respect and deep admiration.

I also asked her what education, skills and knowledge did you have to acquire in order to reach this level of success?  She says, “I had to study hard.  Art History is not easy… all those artists, movement and dates.  At first, I was hesitant as a Fine Art student, I wanted to create my Art, not learn about other people that much.  After my BA in Art History and coming MA, I have solidified my understanding of the importance of art in a society, and developed my writing skills, diction and oratorical skills.”

And most importantly, she respects each student, understanding their problems, and managed to get the most optimal performance in its class.  Although the class is not easy because you have to be continually studying and memorizing names and dates, pick at the end of the semester all your effort and the greatest reward is to get a good grade for your sacrifice of long hours and days without sleep study.

To see all the effort she has made to win the respect of his co-workers and students makes me feel inspired and know that if I work hard in my life purposes is that I can get it too.  




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario